Introducing the Rigby Special Edition Water Buffalo .450 Rigby Bolt Action Rifle. This is a limited edition rifle released by Rigby in a series of 5 rifles. This is 2/5 of the series. Designed and only sold here in Australia, it was designed specifically for big game water buffalo hunting in the Northern Territory.
The special edition rifle features a gold-inlaid “Double R” Rigby logo on the underside grip cap, while the magazine floorplate features gold-inlaid limited edition numbering, a custom Water Buffalo animal engraving and a gold-inlaid "Double R" Rigby logo.
Chambered in .450 Rigby, it is built on the magnum length Mauser 98 single square bridge action which is designed for use with express sights only. Each featuring the shorter 22-inch stepped barrel with traditional bluing, a front foresight with a removable protector hood and a fixed rear sight regulated at 65 yards, with two folding leaf sights regulated at 150 and 250 yards.
This stunning rifle features a hand-selected Grade 5 walnut stocks with traditional Rigby oil finish.
Features & Specifications:
- Serial No. - 11345
- Calibre - .450 Rigby
- Magazine Capacity - 3+1
- Barrel - Stepped 22" with traditional bluing.
- Mauser 98 single square bridge bolt action, three position wing safety
- Stock - Hand selected Grade 5 walnut with Rigby oil finish, classic pistol grip with colour case hardened grip cap and pins.
- Upgrades Included:
- Custom designed Water Buffalo engraving on floor plate
- Gold engraved limited edition number (2/5)
- Gold 'Double R' Rigby logo on floor plate
- Gold 'Double R' Rigby logo on grip cap
- Sights - Fixed rear sight at 65 yards, flip-up sights regulated at 150 and 250 yards. Standard front foresight with removeable protector hood.
- Safety - Classic 3 position flag safety.
- Single trigger.
- 1" red rubber recoil pad.
- Length of Pull - 14 1/2" at centre including pad.
The special edition rifle has been commissioned with the option to include a fully organised 5 day fully guided Trophy Water Buffalo hunt in Arnhem Land, Northern Territory in conjunction with Graham Williams at Classic Arnhem Land Safaris. Optional hunt will be at an additional cost.
Experience close up Water Buffalo hunting in genuine Arnhem Land wilderness for Australian hunters. This is not a cattle station hunt. Practice quick shooting and loading fast. Experience a tough dangerous game safari with a long term licensed outfitter. Arnhem Land terrain varies from scenic grassy hills, escarpment country, with close encounters in the thicker brush near springs, creeks and rivers.